Any amateur golfer in the greater Rochester area, 18 or older.
A series of local contests at participating local golf courses and country clubs with the individual winners coming together on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 to compete for the grand prize and to determine the best putter in Rochester.
Preliminary Rounds: June 15 — June 30
Individual clubs and courses will hold their own contests. Consistent features of each contest are as follows:
• Participants will pay $10 for three putts from at least 40 feet. Each $10 spent qualifies as one attempt
to reach the local finals. Each $10 spent earns the participant a “grounds pass” to the 2015 Toyota Danielle Downey Classic ($20 value).
• If the player is not satisfied with his or her first attempt, three additional putts may be purchased for an additional $10. There is no limit as to how many times someone can try to reach the finals at the local courses.
• Those participants making the most putts from 40 feet on a given attempt (out of 3 putts) will qualify for the local finals.
• Participating Country Clubs/Courses may designate either a single date, or a series of dates, for their participants to try to qualify for the club finals. Either way, there can be only one winner per club.
• Each club or course will determine one single winner at their location by July 1, and report the name of that winner to the Tournament Committee by July 3, 2015 at noon.
The Finals will be held at Brook-lea Country Club on July 14, 2015 at approximately 6:00 PM. The final putt will be a putt of approximately 50 feet with the location to be determined by the Head Golf Professional at Brook-lea Country Club. The order of participants will be randomly selected and we will do our best to keep them from viewing other players’ putts.
The Finals will be hosted by Sara Brown of Golf Channel’s “School of Golf”, and Symetra Tour Professional Catherine O’Donnell.
If none of the finalists make the putt, we will have a shootout with the closest top four. If multiple players make the putt, there will be a shootout format to determine a winner. The Head Professional at Brook-Lea Country Club and the Tournament Chairperson will have authority over ALL interpretive aspects of the rules.